Regeneration is about bringing energy, life and activity back to places. We draw on 30 years’ experience of understanding why and how towns, cities and regions go through cycles of economic decline and show the steps they need to take to become vibrant communities again.
People are central to the process of regeneration – from those taking the decision, those most affected and the end users of the environments we create. This is why consultation and engagement are at the heart of everything we do.
We help our clients unlock the potential of places by demonstrating how to create economic, social and environmental value. Understanding the range of factors and forces that shape places and communities is vital. We develop our insights through research, learning how places have evolved and combine this knowledge to inform current and future challenges.
Creating positive change.
To deliver positive and sustainable regeneration we:
- Work with clients and stakeholders to join up agendas and develop a shared understanding of aims and visions for the future.
- Identify and foster sources of existing community and entrepreneurial energy.
- Connect organisations, businesses and agencies with the resources and expertise to deliver.
- Advising on creating the mechanisms and organisational structures for project delivery.
- Help our clients build trust with communities in order to promote change.
“Ultimately it is people that create successful places and communities. The built environment has a fundamental role in enabling this. Very often regeneration is about establishing a new dynamic by doing the right thing, in the right place at the right time.”
Mel Clinton, Associate, Director of Planning and Economic Regeneration